ABOUT THE JOB
Why join us at Cyferd?
We’re at the beginning of a journey with Directors and an X-team who have significant experience building compelling solutions with a number of successful previous tech start-ups. You’ll be joining a dynamic team that love to build the best solutions in the market helping us to develop our platform components using leading cloud technologies with market-defining architecture and features. This platform will provide the base of our secure, robust and extensive multi-tenant SaaS offering that converges capabilities to offer significant value to the early adopter customers we’re working with (and everyone else as we build out the future).
As part of Cyferd’s Software Security Team, you will take part in maintaining and expanding the security of Cyferd’s platform, software and services. You will work within a dedicated team that is fully proactive and strives to be a leading example of platform security, to ensure our internal and our customer’s data is fully protected and our software IP is secure..
Your responsibilities are to:
- Working as part of the team to deliver status of features and products.
- Promoting and inspiring software security best practices and guidelines.
- Keeping fully up-to-date with reported vulnerabilities and ensuring clear and immediate communication of risks for the development teams.
- Assisting stakeholders in designing, developing, and testing features with software security in mind.
- Performing security tests and audits of features and products.
- Producing threat models against proposed features and suggesting defensive countermeasures.
- Working with third parties to reproduce reported security vulnerabilities and liaise with R&D teams to develop fixes.
- Verifying the output of automated vulnerability assessment tools/scanners to identify false-positive findings.
- Performing penetration tests using manual methods and automated tools
- Keeping up-to-date with industry security best practices.
The requirements/skills to be successful are:
- Familiarization with standards and regulations such as OWASP, SANS, PCI, FIPS 140-2, SOC 2, ISO 27001 etc.
- Familiarization with privacy regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR.
- Experience with mobile security (iOS. Android).
- Experience working with one or many of current cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience risk assessing newly identified security vulnerabilities in terms of impact and probability.
- Tools such as Coverity, Burp Proxy.
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a strong will to succeed.
- Naturally organized with determination to deliver excellence.
- Excellent documentation & presentation skills.
- Driven in constantly learning new skills in the area of software security.
- Proven experience in a software security role.
The role will be located in UK or Barcelona, Spain. The role will be remote working initially with offices to be set up as the Covid19 situation settles.
About your application:
Cyferd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. Please make it known if you have any specific requests that will support you during your application process.
Cyferd is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Cyferd via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cyferd. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cyferd as a result of the referral or through other means.