ABOUT THE JOB
Why join us at Cyferd?
Cyferd is at the start of a very exciting journey. We’re at the beginning of a journey with Directors and an X-team who have significant experience building compelling solutions with a number of successful previous tech start-ups. You’ll be joining a dynamic team who love to build the best solutions in the market helping us to develop our platform components using leading cloud technologies with market-defining architecture and features. This platform will provide the base of our secure, robust and extensive multi tenant SaaS offering that converges capabilities to offer significant value to the early adopter customers we’re working with (and everyone else as we build out the future).
We are looking for passionate, professional Senior Database Developer to join the Cyferd team.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development and maintenance of the platform data-layer
- Develop code to dynamically generate database queries (Neo4j cypher) – abstracting database implementation from platform back-end
- Devise and implement strategies to improve performance in the dynamically structured data-layer (automatically creating indexes, caching data/queries, etc.)
- Leverage the benefits of NoSQL graph databases (Neo4j) to expose advanced querying capabilities to the platform
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across other teams to introduce new features across the data-layer and wider platform
- Design bulk operation functionality (e.g. using APOC functions)
- Write robust, tested and maintainable code with a focus on security (e.g. how to avoid script injection attacks when working with dynamic data)
- Contribute to the development of ETL and integration functionality
The requirements/skills to be successful are:
- Experience working with graph databases, preferably Neo4j and the cypher language
- Desirable to also have experience working with different types of SQL and NoSQL database products (e.g. MSSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Skilled at writing complex queries, CRUD operations and database management tasks (preferably in, but not limited to, cypher)
- Ability to design and implement sensible database structures following at least 3rd normal form
- Experience using APOC library in Neo4j
- Knowledge of TDD and use of testing packages such as Jest
- Experience working with large databases, including setting up and managing ETL processes
The role will be located in the UK. The role will be remote working initially with offices to be set up as the Covid19 situation settles.
About your application:
Cyferd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. Please make it known if you have any specific requests that will support you during your application process.
Cyferd is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Cyferd via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cyferd. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cyferd as a result of the referral or through other means.