ABOUT THE JOB
Why join us at Cyferd?
Cyferd is at the start of a very exciting journey. We’re a start-up with Directors and an X-team who have significant experience building compelling solutions with previous tech start-ups. You’ll be joining a dynamic team that loves to build the best solutions in the market helping us to develop our platform components using leading cloud technologies with market-defining architecture and features. This platform will provide the base of our secure, robust, and extensive multi-tenant SaaS offering that converges capabilities to offer significant value to the early adopter customers we’re working with (and everyone else as we build out the future).
The Senior UI interaction designer we are looking for will facilitate product design from concepts to workflow to wireframes. Additionally, she/he will create attractive mock-ups and partially functional prototypes for validation and buy-in at all levels. This is a key role in a lean design team, with high pivot capability, working on innovative products and services for the graphics industry.
Keys to success in this role are solid human-centered interaction design skills, quick prototyping capabilities, knowledge of digital product development, and lean design team member soft skills.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of user-centred UI design methods, obtained during a master’s studies, post-graduate studies, or otherwise.
- You have professional design experience as Digital Product Designer in UX agencies, startups or as a freelancer. You are comfortable designing software and apps for different systems and working with the teams involved in this type of project (UX-research, validation, front-end development). Therefor you have a high knowledge of UX process work, agile frame works and other UX methodologies.
- You have good visual design and technical skills for fast prototyping: mock-ups and partly functional protos. You understand what needs to be learned, validated, or presented and proactively design and realise MVPs that allow so.
You are an emphatic professional, who engages with other designers in a multidisciplinary team. Ideally, you work in sprints, achieve goals, and pivot when needed, showing a high level of agility. You present your work with clear arguments, within and outside the team.
The requirements/skills to be successful are:
- 5+ years of professional experience with UI-design, especially interaction design
- A degree in design. A master’s degree that is relevant to UI-design is a plus
- Your portfolio that showcases interaction design projects of medium or (preferably) high level of complexity, and examples of appealing and functional visual design
- Strong skills with common interaction design software, e.g. Figma, Sketch
- Strong visual design skills on concept/prototype level
- Contemporary style and good feeling for aesthetics
- Basic skills with HTML or CSV are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural professional environment
- Working proficiency in English is a must
The role will be located in UK or Spain. The role will be remote working initially with offices to be set up as the Covid19 situation settles.
About your application:
Cyferd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. Please make it known if you have any specific requests that will support you during your application process.
Cyferd is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Cyferd via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cyferd. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cyferd as a result of the referral or through other means.